A world in which men do what really makes them happy.
We understand that not all men enjoy shopping: it takes time to find items that go perfectly together. Most men also prefer to avoid wasting time in the changing room or waiting at the till. This is where we come into play - our personal shopping service offers an alternative to shopping stress.
To find out more visit www.outfittery.com/aboutus
is Europe’s largest Personal Shopping Service for men. We know that shopping isn’t a pleasure for every man. This is why we set a clear goal: a world where men have time for the important things in life and are still well-dressed.
For our team in Berlin we’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f)
in either full- or part-time. This role requires a minimum relevant work experience of 5 years.About the Tech teams:
We are 25 engineers who work in teams of 3 to 6 engineers. We believe in keeping the teams small so they can all fit into the same room. Each team is responsible for their part of the platform - from concept through development until deployment and operation.
Our product managers are integrated into the dev teams and we work very closely together with our data scientists. Together we transform Outfittery towards a truly data driven vision that relies on machine learning algorithms to steer our business and thus our platform, too.
We’ve split this platform into ~40 microservices that communicate via direct REST calls and asynchronous messaging via RabbitMQ and Kafka. These services are written in Groovy, Java, and Kotlin. Our web applications use AngularJS or ReactJS. Overall we are pretty happy with this tech stack but we are planning to evolve that setup in the future. Currently we are in the process of migrating our deployment over to Docker and Kubernetes.This is what we like about people joining our team:
Reasons to join our team:
- A teaching, sharing and learning mindset: e.g. you like to share your knowledge and experiences at conferences, on blogs or open source contributions and like to try out new technologies and mentor new engineers
- The ability to come up with solutions and the drive to improve things. Hence you enjoy having a great impact in a small team.
- Strong communication skills - fluent English is a Must in our international team
- Self-responsibility and proactiveness with a sense for excellence
Intrigued? Then send us your application with your salary expectations and possible starting date. Your contact person is Joe Porter.
- We believe in building strong teams that have a clear purpose
- The opportunity to work part-time if you want
- We are a diverse team which offers equal opportunities to everyone
- An international environment: our 250 employees come from over 30 countries
- Regular hackathons and tech talks
- An environment which encourages you to stay curious and try out and learn new technologies
- If you apply from abroad we offer you a relocation assistance
- We offer German and English classes to you and your spouse
- Employee discounts and other benefits
And don't worry - we sell fashion but there is no set dress code in our workplace, just bring the best version of you.